1. License. The contents of our Site, including its “look and feel” (e.g., text, graphics, images, logos, and button icons), editorial content, notices, software (including HTML or XML-based computer programs) and other material, are protected under both United States and foreign copyright, trademark, and other laws. These contents belong or are licensed to CEP. We hereby grant you the right to view and use our Site subject to these Terms. You may download or print a copy of information provided in the Site for internal use or distribution only. Permission to reprint or electronically reproduce any document or graphic in whole or in part for any other purpose is expressly prohibited, unless prior written consent is obtained from us.
2. Your Responsibility. You assume all responsibility for your use of, or access to, this Site, including your access to any CEP or other literature obtained through the Site, and waive all claims or causes of action against CEP, its officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates in connection therewith.
3. Links To Our Site. We welcome links to our Site from other web sites; however, we in no way operate, control or endorse linking sites, and we reserve the right to disallow any such link at any time in our sole discretion. Should you wish to link to our Site, you must link to our home page, http://www.cleanenergypartnership.org.
4. Third-Party Resources On Our Site. We are happy to provide links to third-party resources in the “Resources” section of our Site. We disclaim any responsibility for the accuracy, lawfulness or use of those resources, and, unless we state expressly to the contrary, do not endorse any of the opinions or contents contained therein.
5. Disclaimer. THIS SITE AND THE INFORMATION IT CONTAINS IS MADE AVAILABLE “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WE MAKE NO GUARANTEE THAT THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS UP-TO-DATE, ACCURATE, OR COMPLETE, AND YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON IT FOR ANY DECISION OR TO TAKE ANY ACTION. WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY THAT THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE WILL BE FREE OF INTERRUPTION, OR THAT THE SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER CODE THAT MANIFEST CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES. Changes are periodically made to the information herein; these changes will be incorporated in new editions of the Site.
6. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless CEP, its officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or relating to any violation of these Terms or any activity related to use of the Site (including but not limited to infringement of third parties’ worldwide intellectual property rights or negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing the Site on your behalf.
7. Privacy. We do not collect personally identifying information from visitors to our Site unless you voluntarily decide to provide it to us. Visitors are invited to make inquiries about CEP, our work or about the important public policy issues that CEP addresses; to be included on our mailing lists; to join as members of CEP; to purchase goods or services offered through the Site; or for other reasons. We will use the information you provide us in those communications to respond to your inquiry and to communicate with you in the future regarding issues or items in which we think you may have interest. However, we will not use or disclose that personal information in any other way without your express consent, except to contractors or service providers who may provide services or perform functions on our behalf – for example, an information technology service provider or Site host. Those contractors and service providers are permitted access to your personal information only if necessary to perform their responsibilities to CEP and only for that purpose. They may not disclose your personal information to any other third party except at our express direction and consistently with this paragraph. This paragraph applies only to information collected from visitors through our Site and not to personal information that CEP may collect through any off-line or other activities.
8. Governing Law and Forum. These Terms are to be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland, except for the conflict- or choice-of-law principles thereof. By using the Site, you agree to submit any and all disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms exclusively to the state or federal courts located in or with jurisdiction over causes of action arising in Montgomery County, Maryland, or, at CEP’s sole election, to binding arbitration before a single arbitrator pursuant to the American Arbitration Association’s Consumer or Commercial Dispute Resolution Procedures, as applicable, with such arbitration to take place in Montgomery County, Maryland.
9. Contacting Us. If you have any questions or concerns about these Terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To inquire about linking to our Site or about trademark or copyright matters, please contact us at email@example.com.